Terms & Conditions
- "The Lessee", as the named client in the header of any rental contract, has accepted the equipment described on any rental
contract from Headshots Rentals Inc., (known as Headshots Toronto), or Headshots Ottawa Ltd., (known as Headshots Ottawa)
both divisions of Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd., hereinafter called "The Lessor", during the stated rental period (see
note 10), and acknowledges the equipment is in good condition for rental. Rental rates, as stated, are hereby agreed upon
by both parties, and The Lessee agrees to pay, as invoiced, for equipment rented on any contract. Prices are subject to
change without notice.
- All rentals are subject to a deposit equivalent to the full replacement value of the equipment unless an account has been
established. Application for an account should be made two (2) weeks in advance. In lieu of an open account, deposits must
be made using a valid and accepted credit card.
- All C.O.D orders are subject to a credit card pre-authorization deposit, the amount to be determined by The Lessor. All
preauthorizations are to be done in-store, or via faxed form (allow 2 days for bank to authorize), and the rental contract
must be made out in the name of the card holder, who thus accepts all liability. All C.O.D. orders must be paid in full
upon return. If paid by cheque (at the Lessors discretion) a credit card deposit will be held until the cheque has cleared
our bank. Allow 10 days. Charges will be processed on the credit card if no other payment arrangements have been made. Your
signature, as attached to the front of any contract, gives your consent to charge rental, loss, or repair fees to your card.
- The Lessee is responsible for loss or damage due to accident, negligence, theft, improper installation, improper handling,
and/or operation of all equipment. The Lessee is responsible for the equipment being returned in its original operating
condition. Any loss or damage to the equipment will result in the forfeit of The Lessee’s deposit and/or a billing to its
account. Replacement costs to be determined by The Lessor, solely, and The Lessor is under no obligation to purchase used
equipment of similar age to replace lost or damage equipment. Further, The Lessee agrees to pay for lost rental revenue,
in the event it is deemed warranted by The Lessor, as a result of misuse, damage, or loss by The Lessee.
- The Lessee agrees to return the equipment outlined herein in good condition and any loss or damage to the described equipment
occurring during the rental period shall be paid for by the Lessee. The cost of repairs shall be based on current rates
within the industry, and may not be undertaken by other than The Lessor.
- The Lessee shall insure all equipment, and proof of adequate insurance coverage may be requested at any time by The Lessor.
If proof of adequate insurance is requested and not provided, the Lessor reserves the right to charge a non-refundable Risk
Surcharge at a rate to be defined, and/or reserves the right not to enter into a contract with the Lessee. No equipment
may be transported and/or shipped out of the province of Ontario, Canada, without specific written permission from The Lessor.
The title to the equipment shall remain in The Lessor and The Lessor shall retain the right to terminate the lease and recover
possession of the equipment at any time, if not returned on demand.
- The Lessee will hold The Lessor harmless against any claims whatever resulting from damage to film or digital materials
or other liability of any kind resulting from the use of the equipment by The Lessee.
- Billing periods vary by location, depending on store hours, so clients are requested to consult our in-store and on-line
guides. In general, rates are based on a 24-hour period that commences with the receipt of goods. A one day rate will be
applied to contracts which commence BEFORE 3:00pm and are returned before the close of business the following day, excluding
weekends or holidays. A one-day rate will be applied to contracts that commence AFTER 3:00pm and are returned by NOON the
day following the first 24-hour period. For example, a rental picked up AFTER 3:00pm Monday would be due back by noon Wednesday
for a one day rate. If picked up BEFORE 3:00pm, this same rental would be due back by close of business Tuesday. Weeks are
either defined as 3-days or 4-days, depending on the equipment, and this defines how many days goods are charged for in
a 7-day period. Weekends begin either AFTER 3:00pm Friday or BEFORE 1:00pm Saturday, and must be returned by NOON Monday
for a single day charge. The Lessee is responsible for providing proof of PST exemption, as adduced to by a completed PST
Exemption form. Without this, The Lessor is obligated to charge PST in addition to GST.
- Account customers, understand the following Terms of Payment which are NET 30 days from the date of invoice.
- Return Date: All rental contracts must include a Start Date and an End Date. Open-ended contracts will not be permitted.
If a rental concludes EARLIER than the contract indicates, it is the obligation of the Lessee to return the equipment, or
contact the Lessor and arrange pick-up, effectively halting the contract. Failure of The Lessee to contact the Lessor at
the end of the equipment use will cause the contract to remain in force until we are contacted. This will result in additional
rental charges, as charges are levied for the duration of possession, NOT the duration of use. If a return date is provided
and quoted on the contract, and the rental extends past this date, additional charges will be levied for that additional
rental period, or depending on obligations of the Lessor, the extension may be declined. If the extension is declined the
equipment is expected to be made available to the Lessor immediately. Again, the obligation is on The Lessee to contact
The Lessor with regards to early termination or extension requests.
- Signing authority for the contract is taken to be any person, however employed, who states or represents themselves to be
an authorized agent of The Lessee.
- This agreement shall be made pursuant to the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- Rental agreements are closed subject to audit. Shortages or damage uncovered during audit will be charged against account,
or collateral credit card. Presentation of an invoice or bill upon return DOES NOT constitute conclusion of Terms and Conditions
of the contract.
- Purchase order numbers and/or Job numbers will be noted by The Lessor, if they are provided to us. Failure of The Lessee
to produce, quote or otherwise provide such a reference number does not constitute a waiver of The Lessee’s obligation to
the charges incurred on any rental contract.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions
or concerns regarding renting, reserving, film and supplies pricing, or any other general matter.